Teeth whitening is one of the most dramatic methods to transform your teeth with relatively low costs. Here at The Edge Dental we use Enlighten teeth whitening. It is a world-renowned product with a 98% success rate. Plus, it’s the only product on the market that guarantees a Vita shade B1 for every patient.
We are seeing an increase in people asking us for teeth whitening. It is a treatment now viewed as more affordable for everyone and not confined solely to celebrity smiles. Certain questions always arise when we have enquiries about teeth whitening, so we will focus on these below for your consideration.
How does it work?
The whitening treatment breaks down stain particles on and under the tooth enamel. It uses a safe chemical reaction that releases oxygen. The stains break down and disintegrate with the oxygen, which leaves behind whiter teeth. Enlighten whitening is a combination treatment, which means there is a home treatment, followed up with a one-hour dental visit. The custom-made trays are produced because they fit perfectly over the contours of your teeth, which gives the most even whitening results.
Am I a suitable candidate?
We can check whether you are suitable for teeth whitening. Many people are but if you have gum disease or bad tooth decay, we may not recommend the treatment.
What is the treatment process?
- After an initial consultation to ensure it’s a suitable treatment for you, accurate impressions will be taken of your teeth. These will be sent to the Enlighten lab for your very own custom-made trays to be created.
- Whilst you are waiting for your trays to be returned, you will be given a specialist serum toothpaste to use before your treatment starts.
- Once we have received your tailor-made mouth trays back at the practice you will be asked to come in and we will show you how to use them at home.
- You will be provided with a special whitening gel which you should put into the trays and wear them overnight if possible or for a set period of time, which will be recommended by your dentist.
- You have the freedom to start and stop your treatment at home to suit your schedule and whiter teeth can be seen from at least seven to fourteen days.
Before & Afters
More before and after teeth whitening cases can be found here. We have found that people having teeth whitening have had increased confidence in their smiles and even themselves as a whole.
How long does it last?
Professional teeth whitening can last permanently. It does however depend on your lifestyle, particularly if you smoke, and drink tea, coffee, or red wine, all known teeth staining culprits. However, you can have simple top-ups every 6-9 months to keep your teeth white.
Is it safe?
The Enlighten teeth whitening system meets all guidelines on safety from relevant governing bodies. It is a safe procedure, and the health of your teeth will not be in jeopardy.
Will it hurt?
Some people do experience a little mild sensitivity in their teeth during or after the treatment. This should settle down within a couple of days after your treatment finishes. The serum toothpaste used before treatment helps with tooth sensitivity so we recommend carrying this out as instructed.
If you do have any tooth sensitivity following teeth whitening, we can recommend suitable toothpaste and other products to help.
How white will my teeth get?
Many people opt for vita shade B1, deemed as the whitest shade that still appears natural in colour. However, some people opt for an even whiter shade often known as the ‘Hollywood Smile’ We are happy to discuss which shade you would like and give advice on how to achieve it.
Can it whiten my restorations?
Teeth whitening products only work on your natural teeth, so it won’t work on crowns, dentures, veneers dental implants, etc. If you need any composite bonding or other dental treatment work done, we recommend getting the whitening done first and then colour-matching the restoration to the new, whiter teeth.
The team at The Edge Dental is always available to answer any questions you may have about teeth whitening or any other dental treatments you may be considering.
Give our friendly team a call on 01625 599001 or email email@example.com